Nizhyn Gogol State University (NGSU) is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the urban setting of the large town of Nizhyn.
Officially accredited by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Nizhyn Gogol State University is a medium-sized coeducational higher education institution. The university offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees, master degrees in several areas of study. It is known outside the country for its educational, scientific and cultural traditions. International students are welcome to apply for enrollment. NGSU also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, housing, sport facilities and activities, financial aids and scholarships, online courses and distance learning opportunities, as well as administrative services.
The University keeps up with the times, using the examples of teaching methods of foreign universities. NGSU cooperates with many universities in different countries of the world, such as: The UK, The USA, Poland, Hungary, Germany, Czech Republic, Georgia, etc. University graduates make a significant contribution to the economic and social development of the country.
Scientists and students participate in national and international projects that have a real impact on society.
Some recent ones are:
- Professional development of rural teachers of English in Chernihiv region” (“Vidrodzhennya” Fund, 1998);
- “Reform and Renewal in Teacher Education” (US Department of Education, 2000-2003);
- “Educational Measurements” (Tempus IV, 2009 – 2013);
- “New Generation School Teacher” (British Council Ukraine, 2013-2018);
- “University and Leadership” (Warsaw University, 2014-2015);
- “English for Universities” (British Council Ukraine, 2015-2018);
- “English Language Retreat / GoGlobal Initiative” (US Embassy in Ukraine, 2016);
- “We Learn to Teach German” (Goethe-Institut Ukraine, 2016-2018);
- “Gender Studies Curriculum: A Step for Democracy and Peace in EU-neighbouring countries with different traditions” (Erasmus+, 2016-2018);
- “Decentralization in Education” project Delegation of European Union in Ukraine as subgranting through the “Ukrainian Regional Platform of Public Initiatives” EU project, 2017).
Nizhyn State University also works with many regional partners such as schools and colleges to deliver projects which aim to promote teachers’ continuous professional development.
Be sure that studying at Nizhyn Gogol State University will give you much knowledge, in theory and practice, and prepare you for effective and interesting work.