Faculty of Philology prepares graduate students to become both teachers of Ukrainian/ Russian languages and literature at schools and journalists.
Areas of study
The Faculty provides a range of study programmes, including:
- Ukrainian Language and Literature (Minor degrees: English, Artistic Culture, Education Periodicals Editing);
- Russian Language and Literature (Minor degree: English);
- Linguistics (Ukrainian Language and Literature; Minor degree: Polish);
- Slavic Languages and Literatures. Translation (035 Linguistics);
The Faculty offers full-time and part-time modes of study.
Degrees: Bachelor, Master, PhD.
This very Faculty made a base for prominent philological traditions in Ukraine.
Gogol Research Centre unites researchers of Gogol’s works from all over the world. The Centre conducts scientific conferences, publishes academic papers and Gogol Research Studios journal. This makes the Centre a unique one in the world.
There is also Vynnychenko Research Laboratory at the Faculty.
Since 1920s the literature studio has been functioning at the Faculty. At various times the literature studio was run by famous Ukrainian writers and scientists. Today literature studio’s members take part in Ukrainian national and international contests and have become repeat winners.
In addition, the Faculty offers a wide range of activities for students: scientific and problematic clubs, video, drama clubs, etc.
The Faculty provides great training facilities for students:
- the Library with more than 1 million volumes;
- reading rooms with free, fast Internet access;
- up-to-date classrooms and lecture halls;
- Picture Gallery;
- Philology Faculty History Museum.
We look forward to seeing you at the oldest university faculty!
Telephone: +38 04631 7-19-77.